If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or 911.
Primary Stroke Center
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a primary stroke center accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization, which accredits and certifies more than 15,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Chest Pain Center
Fawcett Memorial Hospital has received recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center (CPC) with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
We are a 20 bed Emergency Care Center with the most up-to-date emergency equipment and skilled personnel. Our highly trained Emergency Care Center Staff provides 24–hour evaluation and emergency treatment for a wide variety of sudden and chronic illnesses as well as major and minor injuries. We are nationally cardiac and stroke certified and are prepared with state-of-the-art life saving equipment. We have been serving patients in Charlotte County since 1975 and currently treat over 22,000 patients a year.
- Cardiac and respiratory Resuscitation
- Chest tube insertion
- Emergent cardioversion
- Simple and complex laceration repair
- General wound care
- Medication overdose stabilization and treatment
- Psychiatric stabilization and emergent treatment
- Allergic reaction stabilization and treatment
- Orthopedic fracture management
- Hazardous material exposure decontamination
- Burn care
- EKG recording and interpretation
- Emergent Temporary Pacemaker Insertion
- Philips MP70 Vital Sign Monitoring system
- Philips HeartStart Defibrillators
- Stratus Blood Analyzer
- Rapid Point 405 Blood Gas Analyzer
- PACS Digital X-Ray and CT Imaging System
Accreditations & Awards
- Chest Pain Center Certification
- Stroke Center Certification
- JACHO Certification
Stephanie Beasley, RN
Tel: (941) 629-1181
Fax: (941) 627-6146
Medical Director: Dr. Samuel Williams, MD
Need Help Finding a Physician?
For routine health matters and check-ups, contact your primary care physician. Regular check-ups with a primary care physician is the best way to maintain good health.
Visit Find a Physician or call 1-888-685-1599 for a free physician referral.
Broselow System for Acute Pediatric Administration of Drugs in the ED
The hospital’s emergency department has installed the Broselow System to ensure the proper dosing and administration of drugs to children. Pediatric dosing can be difficult, especially in emergency situations, and the Broselow System allows medical professionals to instantly access proper dosing, improve the speed and accuracy in acute preparation and administration of drugs, reduce medical errors and standardizes pediatric dosing so that we can provide our young patients with high quality emergency care, safely.