At Fawcett Memorial Hospital, the care that you receive as a patient depends partially on your participation and actions as a patient in the hospital environment. Therefore, in addition to your rights as a patient, you have certain responsibilities as well. As your health care providers, we believe that you, as our patient, and/or your significant other(s) have the responsibility to:
- Report a complete medical history and any information pertaining to your health, including any changes
- Be responsible for your actions if you refuse any treatment or do not follow physician's orders.
- Report perceived risks in your care and unexpected changes in your condition to your physician(s) and other health care providers.
- Report any perceived or identified safety issues related to your care or the physical environment to your physician(s) or other health providers.
- Ask questions when you do not understand what you have been told about your care, or what you are expected to do regarding your care.
- Assure that the financial obligations of your hospital care are fulfilled as promptly as possible
- Follow hospital rules and regulations regarding patient care and conduct
- Be considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel