Cancer: The very word has the power to frighten. But the right care can provide the path to healing. So when you or someone you love is diagnosed with cancer, it’s important that you get the very best care available, as soon as you possibly can.
The Oncology Unit at Fawcett Memorial Hospital is comprised of both caring and compassionate nurses specialized in Oncological diagnoses. Our staff is highly motivated and accredited in chemotherapy administration, treatment of side effects, blood product infusions, pain management and care of patient/family in end of life care in collaboration with hospice, dietary, radiology, lab, pharmacy, therapies, and case management.
Fawcett’s Oncology Unit is a 33 bed unit located on the third floor of the hospital. We are the only in-house unit dedicated to providing quality, compassionate care to patients and families.
Our staff provides high standards of care while providing emotional support to patients and families from diagnosis through remission and end of life issues, while serving our community via free health screenings, “I Can Cope” series, support groups, and Relay for Life.
- Midline Catheter Insertion
- Vital Signs
- Chemotherapy Administration
- Vascular devices
- Neutropenic Precautions
- Blood Transfusions
- End of Life Hospice Care
- Pain Management
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Insertion
Accreditations & Awards
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accredited
- Joint Commission Certification
Fawcett Cancer Care Services provides you and your loved ones with state-of-the-art care that’s also friendly, convenient, and easily accessible.
- Our Specialized Oncology Unit is the only one of its kind in the area that unites medical and radiation oncology physicians and services within one unit.
- Specially Trained Oncology Nurses many who are oncology certified registered nurses.
- Access to the very latest therapies, including expert surgery, state-of-the-art radiation treatments, and clinical trials of emerging treatment approaches
- Comprehensive programs devoted to malignancies of the breast, lung, prostate, skin, and gastrointestinal tract; gynecologic cancers; and leukemias, lymphomas, and other blood-borne cancers
- Sophisticated diagnostics to detect cancer faster and help make treatments more effective
- Active Tumor Board that brings together the expertise and perspectives of physicians from a variety of specialties and disciplines
- Health education, screenings, lifestyle interventions, and customized risk assessments to help you and your loved ones do everything you can to steer clear of cancer
Annual Cancer Report
- 2008 Annual Cancer Report (PDF - 2.9 KB)
- 2010 Annual Cancer Report (PDF - 551 KB)
- 2011 Annual Cancer Report (PDF - 3.4 KB)
To find a cancer specialist in your area, visit our Find a Physician page.