Fawcett Memorial Hospital Visitor Policy (October 5, 2020)
Our visitation hours effective October 5, 2020 are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, seven days per week.
- Inpatient Units – Two visitors, ages 18 and up, are permitted at a time. Exceptions must be approved by the hospital Administrator on Call (AOC) or administration and can be made for end of life situations.
- Emergency Room – One visitor is allowed per patient in the ER
- Outpatient Procedures – One visitor is allowed per patient who is having an outpatient surgery or other outpatient procedure. Visitor must remain in the designated waiting area.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times
- Visitors must attest to not having COVID–19 symptoms or exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual prior to entering our hospital
- Visitors are not permitted in our COVID–19 patient unit
- Cafeteria will remain closed to visitors at this time
Screening process for patients coming for urgent or emergent care
To patients coming for urgent or emergent care:
- Wear a mask all times while inside the facility.
- Alert a staff member upon arrival to the Emergency Department if exhibiting any of the possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
Patients may consider using phone, Skype, or FaceTime to communicate with family and friends during this time.
Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient's treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.