Cardiologists in Charlotte County
Whether you have an emergency or a planned procedure, the cardiovascular specialists at Fawcett Memorial Hospital offer expert, compassionate cardiac care in Port Charlotte, Florida.
To learn more about the cardiology services provided at Fawcett Memorial Hospital, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 685-1599.
Nationally recognized cardiac care
To become a leading cardiac hospital, it takes an experienced team dedicated to excellence. Healthgrades recognized our dedication to high-quality care in 2018 and 2019 with the America's 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery Award™ and the Patient Safety Excellence Award.™
The Joint Commission also certified us as a Primary Stroke Center.
Our cardiovascular team
The cardiovascular team at Fawcett Memorial Hospital is comprised of highly respected physicians and staff members who specialize in all types of cardiovascular procedures. Our cardiovascular team includes:
- Cardiovascular technicians
- Echocardiography technologists
- Physicians and cardiologists
- Registered cardiovascular invasive specialists
- Registered nurses
Our cardiac specialists offer a wide range of procedures and treatments, including:
- Angioplasty and stents
- Bi-ventricular insertion
- Bypass surgery
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization (cath)
- Echocardiography (echo), including transesophageal echo
- Ejection fraction
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)/signal averaging
- Generator change
- Heart monitoring sensor
- Heart valve surgery
- Holter monitoring
- Implantable cardiac defibrillato (ICD) insertion
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Minimally invasive heart surgery
- Nuclear cardiology
- Open-heart surgery
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Peripheral diagnostic and intervention
- Pacemaker insertion, temporary and permanent
- Stress testing
- Stroke reduction for atrial fibrillation (Afib)
- Tilt table test
- Vascular ultrasound
Open heart surgery program
Our open-heart surgery program means our community has access to a high level of cardiac care, close to home. Open-heart surgery is performed on the heart muscle, valves, arteries, or the aorta and other large arteries connected to the heart.
Our cardiac hospital's advanced lab
Our Cath and Echo/ECG lab allow us to determine how well your heart is working, identify abnormalities and provide the technology needed to open blocked arteries. We use the latest imaging equipment and most advanced data collection technology. Our lab also features cutting-edge, digital technology that allows us to quickly store, share and retrieve ECG information, anywhere and anytime.
Our Cath and Echo/ECG Lab is located on the first floor in the west section of the hospital, near the emergency room.
We offer both phase I inpatient and phase II outpatient cardiac rehab programs for patients who have been diagnosed with heart disease. Major components of the program include physical activity, stress management, education and nutritional counseling. During cardiac rehab, our licensed nurses monitor patients while they exercise. Our advanced system alerts our team to any ECG changes during an exercise session, allowing us to provide the appropriate intervention. Monitored exercise and physical therapy help patients gain the confidence and strength needed to return to the activities they enjoy.
Our cardiac rehab program offers many benefits to patients, including:
- Assists patients in their recovery after a heart attack, open-heart surgery, angioplasty and other interventions
- Educates patients about heart disease treatment and medications
- Educates patients on how to recognize heart disease symptoms and when to seek treatment
- Reduces the potential for additional heart problems through risk factor modifications
- Strengthens patients' muscles and increases the efficiency of their heart and lungs
Cardiac rehab admission
If you are interested in our cardiac rehab program, please speak with your healthcare provider. Your doctor will either write you a prescription or will send us the order.
Once we receive your physician's order, we will schedule an evaluation appointment. During your 40-minute evaluation, we will assess your recovery and specific needs, address any of your questions and provide details of our program.
After the evaluation, we will select your cardiac rehab start date and session time. Participants are scheduled three times per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Your program will last 12 weeks or 36 visits.