Gastroenterology doctors in Charlotte County
When you experience gastrointestinal (GI) health concerns, trust the Center for GI & Digestive Health at Fawcett Memorial Hospital. Our experienced gastroenterologists diagnose and treat a wide variety of digestive health conditions.
For more information about our gastroenterology services, please call us at (941) 4GI-CARE (444-2273) to speak with our nurse navigator.
Understanding your digestive health
A properly functioning digestive tract is essential to your health. From time to time, however, everyone experiences common digestive problems, such as an upset stomach, vomiting, gas, heartburn, bloating, irritable bowel or constipation. GI problems may be uncomfortable or embarrassing, but they usually go away fairly quickly.
Conditions such as food intolerances, contaminated foods, viral illnesses, menstruation, pregnancy and side effects from medications or supplements can upset a GI tract. If you've been taking over-the-counter-medications and continue to experience GI issues, we can help.
A gastrointestinal disorder may affect the following:
- Small bowel
Gastrointestinal conditions we treat
Our specialists provide diagnostic and therapeutic options for a full range of gastrointestinal disorders, including:
- Abdominal pain syndrome
- Barrett's esophagus
- Biliary tract disorders, gallbladder disorders and gallstone pancreatitis
- Celiac disease
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Clostridium difficile (C.diff)
- Crohn's disease
- Diarrhea (acute and chronic)
- Diverticular disease
- Fecal incontinence
- Gallstone pancreatitis
- Gas (in the digestive tract)
- Gastrointestinal cancers, including colon, colorectal, esophageal, liver and pancreatic
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Intestinal ischemia
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Liver cirrhosis
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Non-cardiac chest pain
- Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)
- Stomach and duodenal ulcers (peptic ulcers)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Viral hepatitis
- Wilson disease
Throughout a patient's treatment, our team communicates with referring physicians to provide a seamless continuum of care. We are committed to providing outstanding, patient-centered GI treatments that are specially tailored to the patient's wishes and concerns.
We now offer many outpatient and minimally invasive procedures to treat conditions that once required surgery. With modern equipment and endoscopic surgical options, our minimally invasive procedures provide our patients with fast recoveries.
Our GI doctors offer the following treatment options:
- Anorectal manometry
- Antroduodenal manometry or small bowel manometry
- Digestive health diagnostics
- Esophageal manometry
- Esophageal pH monitoring
- Fecal microbiota transplant procedure (FMT)
- High-resolution anoscopy (HRA)
- Hydrogen breath test
- Surgical options, including weight loss surgery