Comprehensive women's health services in Charlotte County, Florida
At Fawcett Memorial Hospital, we know that women have unique healthcare needs at each stage of their lives. We provide high-quality women’s health services and education. Our mission is to promote, maintain and restore physical and emotional well-being for women of all ages.
For more information on the women's services provided at Fawcett Memorial Hospital, please call us at (941) 629-1181.
We understand that when women need medical care, they want physicians who understand their concerns as well as their conditions. Our doctors and nurses collaborate closely with each other and each patient to ensure the best possible care and treatment plan.
Our women's care department is committed to exceptional care. Our hospital was awarded the Patient Safety Excellence Award™ from Healthgrades in 2018 and 2019. This means our facility ranks in the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for patient safety.
Women's diagnostics and imaging
Early detection and correct diagnoses are essential to women's health. That's why we offer comprehensive imaging and diagnostic services including:
- Mammograms—3D Mammogram technology and sensory suite to provide the highest quality digital images in a relaxing, soothing experience for our patients.
- Miraluma scans—A breast imaging test that involves an injection of a small amount of a radioactive substance, so a special camera can capture images of any cancerous cells
- Surgical biopsy—A procedure that involves the surgical removal of tissue to be further examined under a microscope
- Stereotactic large-core needle biopsy—A less invasive alternative to a surgical biopsy to collect tissue for examination
- Ultrasound imaging—Images of internal structures of the body produced by sound waves
Women's conditions surgical treatment options
We offer a wide range of treatments and services, from routine wellness checks to the very latest treatments for cancer care and pelvic floor disorders. Our gynecologists, OB/GYNs and other doctors work closely with patients to develop individualized treatment plans, which may including surgical options, such as:
- Breast conservation surgery
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
Minimally invasive surgery
Minimally invasive surgeries are often the optimal treatment option for a wide range of women's conditions. Many minimally invasive surgeries are outpatient procedures and offer several benefits to patients, including:
- Minimal scarring
- Shorter recovery times
- Decreased time away from work and activities
- Less postoperative pain